Friday, July 12, 2013

Random Educational Video Roundup

I've come across some more fun videos the past couple of weeks that could be considered educational but are definitely not dry. I thought I would pass them on in case you haven't seen them. While I suppose these would be great as part of larger lessons on Geography, History or Science, we just watch this kind of thing for fun. Who says YouTube can't be a great resource? To prove the point, I can point you to another video: Is YouTube Making Us Smarter?

In the realm of Geography and random miscellaneous facts, C.P.G. Grey rules. Two great ones are:
Countries Inside Countries




We also just watched this one on the European Union. There are many more great videos by C.P.G. Grey on Youtube free for your viewing pleasure. We watched the one about Pluto and the one about Leap Years. He talks really quickly, but if you can keep up, you can learn a lot!



Separately, I also discovered this one: 50 Facts About 50 States from Mental Floss. Incidentally, it looks like there is a lot of good stuff here as well. I'll have to take a closer look when I have time.



I have one more video that was fun, but it's more science than Social Studies. The Amazing Bead Chain Experiment:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment