Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Good Homeschool Day! See, we do stuff... really.

I am going through our pictures from the past year in my annual effort to catalog what we have done. I found this picture and felt it was such a good example of homeschooling at work on a good day, I thought I would share (On a bad day the table would be full of dirty dishes and nobody would be sitting here... or maybe my daughter would be pulling her hair out and crying and screaming with her math work and my son would be lying on the bench in his floppy mode). 

Exhibit A: Daughter is doing a self-imposed acrylics painting in an effort to plan a mural for our wall in the basement. She is also searching the internet for ideas and information. Meanwhile, my son is practicing his cursive - also a project he, himself, decided he wanted to do for his writing that day. On the other end of the table is the ever-present book on it's stand (so reading will not be interrupted by eating) and behind her is our daily jobs board and some "Story of the World" maps they did a bit earlier depicting France during the War of the Roses. The balloon and coins are from some magic tricks that they found on the internet from Robert Krampf, the "Happy Scientist". Did you know you can pierce a balloon with skewer and not pop it?


If every day looked like this we would be the poster family for free-flowing homeschooling. Learning things while having fun; creativity and basics. Wish I could say it did.


2 comments:

  1. I'd love to add your blog to our secular homeschool blogroll. If that's something you'd consider, please drop by our blog page and share your info! Thanks!! http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/812-secular-homeschool-blogs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post hits home! I'm just starting homeschooling (I've got a preschooler and toddler) and the good days are so awesome...yet sandwiched by not quite as good days. Pinterest is such a guilt trip, but I try to tell myself they are only posting the good days themselves!

    ReplyDelete