Monday, April 8, 2013

Soon...



It’s been quite a while since I have posted here. It’s weird how my energy for writing waxes and wanes. There are many times writing is an outlet, something that I just need to do. Other times, I just don’t seem to have it in me to write anything.

These past few months it’s been like that. I also seem to only have a limited amount of mental energy to spread around. We have been going from one major event to another, and I feel a need to focus fully on each thing and get through it before focusing on the next.

At the moment I am still teaching a co-op class on plants and working toward seeing our annual Geography Fair happen. Since I am the organizer for this event, I feel somewhat pressured to make it happen and happen well.

I’ve also been trying to work on my health, and part of that is counting and logging everything that goes into my mouth. Add that to the recordkeeping necessary for homeschooling, and I haven’t felt like writing anything else down.

It’s starting to come back to me though. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the Spring homeschool insanity. I am itching to tell you about the things we have done and discovered. I’ll get there very soon, and once I do I may have a daily post here for a while.

The trees are blooming and we’ve finally had our first real warm spring day. We have gotten successfully through the Science Olympiad, an art Show and a Piano judging event. Soccer is in full swing, and we have returned to twice weekly karate lessons. Up and coming is a piano recital, a soccer tournament, the Geography Fair, and annual testing.

Through it all is the weekly class I am teaching, which always takes me so long to formulate and implement. I spend hours on research and preparation for an hour or so of instruction for nine kids. At least they seem to be enjoying it, and it really is my goal to leave them with a fun and interesting impression of the science I am showing them. I will share it here too very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just happened across your blog through some searches I was doing. Your post reminded me of how busy we homeschool moms can get. It's funny how people talk about socialization, when we really get so much of that...and good socialization. We've done co-ops or homeschool classes off and on in our 12yrs of homeschooling. This last year we were in Classical Conversations. In addition to CC, my youngest also did her Time4Learning, which she loves. I still have to oversee their work and keep records, but T4L makes it so much easier with their printable progress reports. With our older 2 in high school, I'm having to do some research, keep more detailed records, and start preparing transcripts. So I'm thankful for the T4L record-keeping that's already done for me. :)

    ReplyDelete