Saturday, July 7, 2012

Great Article on "Giftedness"

I do love to read other people's blogs when I have time. Every now and then I come across a great article, and yesterday I read one that I'd like to share. It's all about "giftedness", and I couldn't agree more with what she had to say about the label and the actual day-to-day reality. If my daughter was still in school, she would probably be given this label. It doesn't mean she is great at everything or even mentally above her peers. It just means that there are certain areas where she is significantly ahead and she is a creative self-learner with all the sort-of "textbook" traits... Over-sensitivity to clothing, that sort of thing. Anyway, here's the link. Enjoy!

http://blog.sukiwessling.com/2012/07/why-i-advocate-for-gifted-children/

No comments:

Post a Comment