Saturday, December 10, 2011

Improv Everywhere: Fun video rehash

I recently watched this TED video and really got a laugh. It's Charlie Todd talking about his project, Improv Everywhere. The idea is that a lot of people get together and stage seemingly random events in public places where they all do the same thing. The goal is to get people to laugh, or sometimes just be mildly bewildered and stunned out of their normal lives (small warning: the first video shows the "Pants-less Subway Ride" and mentions that the poor girl being duped is reading a book called "Rape").



I know these videos came out two or three years ago (or more) and went around the internet, but sometimes it's great to rediscover things. The day I watched the TED talk I spent the next hour or so watching a whole series of these hilarious pranks and having a good laugh with the kids. Since it's the holidays and supposed to be a time of good cheer, I thought I would share some of our favorites.

Frozen Grand Central Station

Star Wars Subway Car


The Human Mirror

Ghostbusters in the New York Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment