Sunday, December 8, 2013

Recent Art work

I am still working on getting further chapters edited. It's been a busy week. The kids studied hard and earned their black belts in karate, and I have been trying to clean up and decorate for the holidays. 






I rediscovered the artwork they have done this Fall and thought I would post some pictures for the record. I have the kids take weekly classes with a marvelous lady named Jenny Eggleston. She lets them work on whatever they want picture-wise, but steers them to stretch and improve as they go. An hour a week in a group setting is all they get, but it is worth it. A variety of media are available (paints, chalks, pencils, etc.) but it's all on paper or canvas. I love the last two pieces that the kids brought home. They are playing around with shadows and reflections.


Jessi's Mayan inspired painting on canvas.

Noah's "Teddy" done in pencil. Whimsical, no? I feel kinda sad for him.

I especially love this one. Jessi did it in chalk pastels. 
This is Noah's latest painting. He says he did it free-hand. For that reason, I am somewhat impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment