Saturday, August 24, 2013

Off the Bookshelves: The Camel Who Took a Walk

The Camel Who Took a Walk


This is an old book, published first in 1951, and written by Jack Tworkov and illustrated by Roger Duvoisin. My family got a hold of it by inheriting it from other family, and it is a fun little picture story that I think many kids of all ages would enjoy. You can still get it used from Amazon even though it is not currently in print.

The reason I love this book so much is simple; it is different from most other books in this genre and the end is completely unexpected. It is great fun to read out loud.

I won't spoil it by telling you what happens... or doesn't happen... or what could have happened. If you have little ones that can take some suspense and a joke, I recommend getting a hold of a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment