Monday, February 20, 2012

Noah is 9


Today my little guy is 9. I can hardly believe how fast time is flying. I know everyone says that, but I guess when you have kids it really is true. They keep you so busy day to day, it's hard to take the time to look up and see where and when you are and look... really look... at the people around you.

I know I complain about this guy. He can be incredibly stubborn (a family trait), a bit OCD, and sometimes a complete airhead. Whenever we go somewhere he inevitably leaves something behind... shoes, water bottle, jacket, etc. He also can't sit still for very long, or stay in his seat for a meal. Yet, he is the sweetest, kindest kid. He gives the best hugs in the universe and has the best laugh in the world. The laughs totally make up for the whines.
.

He's a smart kid, something for which he rarely gets credit, having a precocious older sister always casting her shadow. He's great at sports and very musical. He's been pretty good at math as well and is just becoming a reader. He'd rather not do too much writing or crafty stuff though, thanks very much.

He's a great helper and is so very thoughtful about people and things. Just when I think there is no hope of getting any new learning to stick, he comes up with the most profound statements and incites. I love how he'll decide to do something and stick with it with dedication and determination. I'm so proud of him and I know he is gonna grow up into one really terrific guy. I love him so much it hurts.

Happy Birthday Noah.










No comments:

Post a Comment